Whilst Physiohealth remains open during this time it is our priority to run a strict COVID-19 compliant practice. We have made the necessary changes based on the advice from The Department of Health about infection control and hygiene to ensure the safety for all our patients and staff.
- Employees regularly wash and sanitise hands: in between treatments, when going on and returning from breaks, before and after eating, after going to the bathroom etc.
- Increased cleaning and sanitising of all surfaces and equipment including treatment beds (after every patient), reception desks, phones, keyboards, door knobs, treatment aids etc.
- Increased hand sanitiser availability to staff and patients at reception desks
- Our team has completed training concerning coronavirus and infection management from the Australian Government’s Department of Health.
- Put in place a system requiring patients to confirm they are not exhibiting coronavirus-like symptoms before attending appointments.
- Modified our waiting rooms to adhere to social distancing requirements
- No use of linen table covers, pillows and towels to reduce transmission
- Length of appointments to be a limit of 30 minutes
- Group classes will not be running at this time
At present we are running:
- Face-to-face physiotherapy consultations
- Telehealth consultations
- One-on-one exercise sessions
We are not running:
- Group exercise classes
- Remedial and sports massage
- Unsupervised gym access
What you can do to help
To work with us to ensure best practice safety and reduce community transmission you can:
- Not attend an appointment if you are unwell with fever, coughing, sore throat or have been in contact with someone who has these symptoms
- If you are early for an appointment please wait in your car until the appointment time
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the practice
- Follow markings at reception
- No cash payments
- Bring your own towel if you wish