It is Physiohealth’s priority to run a strict COVID-19 compliant practice. We have made the necessary updates based on the advice from The Department of Health regarding infection control and hygiene measures to ensure the safety for all our patients and staff. We will constantly keep up to date with the latest requirements and implement them in this ever changing situation.
With the easing of restrictions, physiotherapy can resume routine care. Remedial massage is also permitted to resume and gym access is now available. Mask use remains a requirement by both staff and visitors in health care settings as per State Govt directives.
Procedures & Protocols
- All our staff have been fully vaccinated with an approved Covid 19 vaccine.
- All staff continue to wear surgical masks as per State Govt guidelines. (unless exemptions apply)
- Increased cleaning and sanitising of all surfaces and equipment including treatment beds (after every patient), reception desks, phones, keyboards, door knobs, waiting room chairs, treatment aids etc.
- Increased hand sanitiser availability to staff and patients at reception desks and all treatment areas.
- Our team has completed Australian Government’s Department of Health training module concerning coronavirus and infection management.
- Implemented a system requiring patients to confirm they are not exhibiting coronavirus-like symptoms before attending appointments.
- Employees regularly wash and sanitise hands: in between treatments, when going on and returning from breaks, before and after eating, after using the bathroom etc.
- Implemented the use of QR codes and Kiosk- currently not in use in line with current public health directives.
- Modified our waiting rooms to adhere to social distancing requirements
- No use of linen bedcovers, pillows and towels to reduce risk of transmission.
- Signage displayed in all clinics to increase education regarding Covid-19 and infection control
- Length of appointments to be a limit of 30 minutes
At present we are running:
- Face-to-face physiotherapy consultations
- Telehealth consultations
- One-on-one exercise sessions
- Remedial and sports massage
- Group Exercise Classes (face to face)
- Gym access
What you can do to help
To work with us to ensure best practice safety and reduce community transmission you can:
- Not attend an appointment if you are unwell with fever, coughing, sore throat or have been in contact with someone who has these symptoms
- Wear a mask
- If you are early for an appointment please wait in your car until the appointment time
- Attend the appointment on your own unless the appointment is for a minor and then one guardian may also attend
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the practice
- Follow markings at reception
- Bring your own towel if you wish
- Be fully vaccinated