It is Physiohealth’s priority to run a strict COVID-19 compliant practice. We have made the necessary updates based on the advice from The Department of Health regarding infection control and hygiene measures to ensure the safety for all our patients and staff. We will constantly keep up to date with the latest requirements and implement them in this ever changing situation.
- All staff temperature screened prior to commencement of shift. All patients temperature screened on arrival. Protocols to follow for anyone with a temperature of 37.5 degrees and above.
- All physios and administrative staff wear disposable surgical masks for face to face treatments.
- Employees regularly wash and sanitise hands: in between treatments, when going on and returning from breaks, before and after eating, after going to the bathroom etc.
- Increased cleaning and sanitising of all surfaces and equipment including treatment beds (after every patient), reception desks, phones, keyboards, door knobs, waiting room chairs, treatment aids etc.
- Increased hand sanitiser availability to staff and patients at reception desks and all treatment areas.
- Our team has completed Australian Government’s Department of Health training module concerning coronavirus and infection management.
- Implemented a system requiring patients to confirm they are not exhibiting coronavirus-like symptoms before attending appointments.
- Modified our waiting rooms to adhere to social distancing requirements
- No use of linen bedcovers, pillows and towels to reduce transmission.
- Length of appointments to be a limit of 30 minutes
At present we are running:
- Face-to-face physiotherapy consultations
- Telehealth consultations
- One-on-one exercise sessions
- Group physio exercise classes via ZOOM
- Remedial and sports massage
- Group Exercise Classes (face to face)
- Gym access permitted
What you can do to help
To work with us to ensure best practice safety and reduce community transmission you can:
- Not attend an appointment if you are unwell with fever, coughing, sore throat or have been in contact with someone who has these symptoms
- If you are early for an appointment please wait in your car until the appointment time
- Wear a face mask at all times
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the practice
- Follow markings at reception
- No cash payments
- Bring your own towel if you wish