Perineal tears and episiotomy (incision made into the perineum during labour) are common with vaginal birth and can contribute to pain, bladder and bowel dysfunctions.
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Perineal pain especially with sitting
- Leakage of urine
- Difficulty controlling wind
- Poor bowel control
How we can help?
- Scar management
- Detailed individualised assessment and treatment of pelvic floor muscles
- Techniques to help relieve pain
If this sounds similar to the symptoms you are experiencing, come in and see us at PhysioHealth Women’s for an assessment and individualised treatment program.