This video demonstrates how to tape a calf and foot for Plantar Fasciitis using Rock Tape. Plantar Fasciitis comes from tight calves and/or altered biomechanics.
– Round the edges of the tape
– Don’t touch the tape to prevent the oils on your hands weakening the adhesive.
– Have no tension on the tape at the anchor point
– When taping the calf apply 25-35% tension
– When taping the arch of the foot apply 50-75% tension
– Start the arch support taping on the lateral side
– When taping to change the properties of someone’s foot, the tape need to be at a high tension… 75-100%